Office Staff and COVID 19
Our community – and the world – are facing an unprecedented health crisis. As we all continue to navigate the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we wanted to inform you about the steps the Community Foundation of Whitley County (CFWC) is taking to protect the health and safety of our staff, donors, and visitors, as well as to support the Whitley County community.
CFWC continues to conduct our business.
However, to reduce the risk of potential exposure, we are limiting the number of people coming into and out of our building for the immediate future to practice safe social distancing as recommended by public health officials and Governor Eric Holcomb. CFWC staff will be working remotely.
• You may continue to reach our staff via phone 260-244-5224) or by email; Email addresses for staff: September McConnell, firstname.lastname@example.org; Vanessa Bills email@example.com; Sheena Steward, firstname.lastname@example.org; Carol Flowers, Carolwccf@gmail.com
• September McConnell may be reached by phone or text at 260-248-6420, and Vanessa Bills may be reached by phone or text at 260-229-2607;
• Online donations are accepted 24/7 via our website and are also accepted via mail (400 E. Whitley Street, Columbia City, IN 46725). Contributions to funds and grant recommendations will be processed as quickly as possible;
• All previously scheduled in-person meetings or events with CFWC staff will be canceled, rescheduled, or conducted by phone; and
• The CFWC board room will be closed to outside meetings.
We are evaluating the immediate and anticipated needs of our nonprofit partners.
We are reaching out to area nonprofits to determine how CFWC can be most effective in supporting their work. Many of them will have an increased need for financial support so that they may not only continue to serve their existing clients, but also serve an increasing number of clients who are directly affected during this crisis. Stay tuned for further information in the coming days.
We also have been consulting with the Indiana Philanthropy Alliance and other community foundations throughout the state to determine best practices moving forward.
CFWC is open to possible collaborations with other funders.
CFWC and other area funders are discussing opportunities for collaboration and coordinative efforts that will help us better respond to the increased needs of local nonprofits, as well as benefit the broader community as a whole.
We will continue to provide additional updates in the coming days and weeks via email, our website, and social media (Facebook and Twitter).