Balancing the responsibilities of family and work can be challenging for anyone, but for single parents who want to improve their lives by continuing their education, juggling the added responsibilities can seem downright overwhelming.
The Horizons of Hope Fund was established to recognize and encourage single parents who have returned to school. Created to help lighten the load, Horizons of Hope assistance can be used for tuition expenses, books, supplies, transportation, childcare, or other living expenses.
All individuals seeking assistance must be referred to the Community Foundation by a social service agency, educational institution or church, and should NOT contact the Foundation directly with initial inquiries regarding eligibility.
Request for funding will be handled on a case by case basis and should be submitted only after all avenues for assistance have been exhausted.
Up to $500 per semester is available to single parents who:
- are residents of Whitley County, Indiana
- have full or partial custody of their children
- are currently enrolled in classes
- have not previously earned a degree from a 4-year institution
- have been recommended via a referral from an educational institution, social service organization or church.