The Dennis and Judith Hudson Commitment of the Heart Award Fund was created in memory of Dennis Hudson and in honor of his wife, Judy, to recognize a direct support professional (DSP) working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in Whitley County. It will be presented once a year at the annual meeting of Passages, Inc.
Nominations may be made by anyone who has witness a care provider/direct support professional who goes above and beyond for the people the nominee serves; showing love, compassion, and patience. These characteristics mirror the qualities Denny Hudson demonstrated in his commitment to caring for his family.
- The individual must work with Passages, Inc. or work with people with intellectual or physical disabilities in Whitley County for at least one year.
- An individual may only receive the award one time.
- Special consideration will be given to those who go above and beyond for their clients; showing love, compassion and patience.
- Nominations may be made by anyone who has witnessed the nominee in action; this includes family and friends of clients as well as Passages co-workers.
- Nominations may be submitted by email, handwritten correspondence, or via this web form.
- Selection of the award recipient will be determined by a committee of Passages’ board members.
- The award recipient will receive a plaque as well as a financial award at the Passages annual meeting each fall.