Why Community Foundation of Whitley County?
Community Foundations are built on the idea that a substantial amount of money can be accumulated over time, from contributions large and small. This money is never spent, but instead, pooled and invested for long-term growth. The interest income earned by the Foundation supports a diverse array of interests including the arts, education, health, recreation, economic development, and human services.
- Local: Our Foundation is local, which means we can quickly recognize and effectively respond to local needs.
- Flexible: We welcome donor involvement in selecting worthy charities and causes to receive grants.
- Permanent: We help donors create individual and family legacies through endowment funds that grow and benefit our community forever.
- Simple: We offer a simple means to fulfill multiple charitable interests with ease and low administrative costs.
- Tax Savings: We offer maximum tax savings on charitable contributions.
- Transparent: We comply with National Standards which assist community foundations in establishing legal, ethical, and effective operating practices that e accept a wide variety of gifts such as stock , real estate, and personal property.
- Professional Management: The funds of the Community Foundation are invested and managed by professional investment managers. The Finance Committee of the Foundation review the performance of the managers on a regular basis to ensure the Foundation’s objectives are met.
Take advantage of the new charitable gift annuity rates.
It’s okay to give and receive!
Charitable Gift Annuity payout rates were increased by 0.2 to 0.6 percentage points this year.
These new rates can lead to a higher guaranteed fixed income payment for you and greater funding to the charity of your choice. Here are examples of maximum payout by age: