Why Community Foundation of Whitley County?
Community Foundations are built on the idea that a substantial amount of money can be accumulated over time, from contributions large and small. This money is never spent, but instead, pooled and invested for long-term growth. The interest income earned by the Foundation supports a diverse array of interests including the arts, education, health, recreation, economic development, and human services.
- Local: Our Foundation is local, which means we can quickly recognize and effectively respond to local needs.
- Flexible: We welcome donor involvement in selecting worthy charities and causes to receive grants.
- Permanent: We help donors create individual and family legacies through endowment funds that grow and benefit our community forever.
- Simple: We offer a simple means to fulfill multiple charitable interests with ease and low administrative costs.
- Tax Savings: We offer maximum tax savings on charitable contributions.
- Transparent: We comply with National Standards which assist community foundations in establishing legal, ethical, and effective operating practices that e accept a wide variety of gifts such as stock , real estate, and personal property.
- Professional Management: The funds of the Community Foundation are invested and managed by professional investment managers. The Finance Committee of the Foundation review the performance of the managers on a regular basis to ensure the Foundation’s objectives are met.